Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I get by with a little help from my friends....


There are two people who have asked me to spread the word about their websites.

The first is my friend, Jody Garland. She has a photography business that specializes in weddings, bar/bat mitzvahs and portraits. She has come up with a great idea for something you might have lying around the house, your wedding dress. If you feel you have no need to continue storing that big white whale of a dress, you can plan a photo shoot with her where you trash your dress. Check out her website for these amazing pictures of women who have said a final farewell to something they probably wouldn't have used again anyway.

Second, I have met this great person named Ariela who runs a website Baking and Books that I am very envious of. I hope to some day have a site that looks as classy as hers! She is having a raffle of 70 cookbooks to raise money for a group called Hazon. Hazon's mission is to "change our world by educating people about our environment, the food we eat, and the ways in which our relationship to these essential aspects of our lives influences our spirituality" You can check out her site for more information, plus she takes amazing pictures of the food she bakes. I think I'm going to have to buy a new camera. My blueberry pie just doesn't dazzle.

If there is anyone else who would like me to mention their site or something worthwhile that is going on, send me an e-mail or post a comment on this blog.

Oh, the photo was taken by Jody when baby #3 was still in my tummy. And in case you didn't know, it was a boy! I know it loses most of it's surprise after 21 months, but at the time of the photo shoot, I was positive it was a girl. So much for maternal instinct.

No comments: